Soft spun cashmere. Sumptuous leather boots. And layers, layers, layers! Thanks to just-right temps and stores brimming with new arrivals, there’s no time like fall that inspires us to put our most stylish foot forward. Want to give your look a quick update? Reach for these lovely layers to carry you through the season (and beyond).
1. The ultimate fall accessory? A long, luxurious scarf to layer over jackets, dresses and knits. We love this one by Acne ($140, net-a-porter.com), crafted of super-soft wool in a deep camel hue that lends a touch of richness to any outfit.
2. We’ll be wearing this dazzling necklace by Zara ($30, zara.com) with everything from jeans and a tee to our favorite LBD into holiday soiree season. (Because sometimes a girl needs sparkle.)
3. Swap your dark leather handbag for something more vibrant, such as Cambridge Satchel Company’s leather crossbody ($158, asos.com). The clean, simple shape makes it ideal for both work and weekends, while the cherry red hue adds a cheerful pop of color.
4. Don’t put away your summer clothes just yet—rework pieces, such as a billowy maxi skirt, into your fall wardrobe. Pair this one by J.Crew ($475, jcrew.com) with a shrunken leather jacket, wooly scarf and boots and—voila!—an unexpected cool combo.
5. Brown leather riding boots (such as Topshop’s, $180, topshop.com) are a quintessential fall staple for good reason—they’re comfortable, pair as easily with tucked skinny jeans as they do a flirty mini, and no matter how many years pass, they’ll never go out of style.
6. Elevate your basics with animal prints. This floaty skirt by Wren ($250, bonadrag.com) is sure to add an instant dose of glamour to a black turtleneck and tights or boots and a shrunken blazer.
7. Finally, if there’s one piece you splurge on this season, make it a classic, go-everywhere jacket, such as this cashmere blazer by Burberry Prorsum ($2,460, farfetch.com. Swoon). Treat it like a top and wear it belted with a pencil skirt or black stovepipes now, then layered underneath a warm vest or coat once it gets colder. The timeless shape, luxurious fabric and ultra-flattering fit ensures you’ll keep it in your closet forever.
photo credits: farfetch.com, net-a-porter.com, zara.com, jcrew.com, asos.com, bonadrag.com and topshop.com
That is very attention-grabbing, You’re an overly professional blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and sit up for searching for more of your great post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks
Thank you! We’re so glad you like it. Look out for more stories from Grace and other bloggers on our network. 🙂